Monday, October 7, 2013

Summer Successes of 2013

Although I often got distracted with unpacking and get the house to our liking, we managed to have quite a fun summer still.  "What sort of things did you do," might you ask?  Well.....

We loved painting and decided that we were going to add being an artist to the things we wanted to be when we grow up!
 
(Train on it's tracks with a signal)
 
 
 
Ice Cream Train! (in Belton)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Breakfast of champions!  Donuts on the steps of the Nelson followed by some fun on the lawn.
 
 
One sick baby who deserved her binky.  Poor thing had a sitter over when she started throwing up.  Mommy and Daddy missed the first several calls to tell them to come home:(.  We felt awful!   But we have AWESOME sitters which makes this a summer success!
 
Hello Cafe du Monde!  We played at the Downtown Farmers Market and enjoyed some beignets at BEIGNET...the kids first and obviously from the powered sugar on their faces not the last visit.

 
Sadie fought illeteracy as Super Woman.  
 
Joshua LOVES spinach artichoke dip as I may have mentioned before.  So we promised to treat him to a date with our favorite.  Houstons.  On the Plaza after church.  Not the typical place to take kids, but again we have lucked out because these little ones travel well.  Or maybe they just like to eat:).
 
 
 
Sadie and I were able to steal Aunt Lyndsey on her birthday for a bit.  We went to the Plaza for lunch at Ingredient, took a little walk and then topped it off with Aunt Lyndsey's favorite.  Ice Cream!  She loves her Godmother:). 

Somebody made breakfast ALL BY HIMSELF for the first time!  Yay!!  Peanut Butter and Jelly on Toast.  A classic choice.

We had a parish fundraiser Tricia Night and had so much fun!  You had to have a theme for your group so our group did a luau:).  Notice Art's absense?  Well, he skipped out and headed to Vegas with his buddies for his annual football draft.  Don't feel too bad for him:).  One of my oldest, sweetest, and best friends to help out in a bind stepped in as my hot date...thanks Liz!!  You are awesome!

We enjoyed a stroll on the mall and a bit of Panera with Paca and Clare after Mass.

Celebrating Ice Cream Sandwich Day with Mimi, Paca, and Grandma Clare.  We made homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches...YUM!

The kids kept summer journals that they would work on while I made dinner at night.  It helped keep them entertained.  Joshua did an awesome job on this entry following directions to make certain things:).

My sweet little Wildcats.  Did I mention they are best buddies:).  LOVE THEM!

As I wrap up this post, I have noticed two things.  I didn't get any pictures of us at the pool which is amazing since we went often.  And two, I swear we do other fun things besides eating in one way or another.  Regardless of what my waistline may tell you as well:).

See you later summer!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: