Saturday, October 5, 2013

Epic Fail of the Summer...Putt Putt Golf

Do you ever paint a picture in your head of how happy your family will be during a certain activity?  I do that all of the time.  One of those moments, was putt putt golf.  It is a right of "summer" passage, for kids, so it was definitely on our bucket list.

Wow.  Wow, wow, wow.  There was no fairy tale picture painted here.  None of us were speaking by the end of the course.  Joshua insisted that you play putt putt like the "real" golf.  I mean full blown golf swing.  You have no idea how many times we asked him to stop.  For whatever reasons, it never worked.  Sadie on the other hand took about 20  minutes to do each hole.  And she had a melt down when she didn't get to go first.  And it was windy.  And I chose to wear a short dress.  And Art has very little patience regardless.

So anyway, I really managed to be a cheerleader until about the seventh hole.  When I got whacked...HARD...in the head with Joshua's Tiger Woods swing.  And Sadie melted down.  Because she didn't get to go first.  And Art was giving his "look" to the whole situation.  Imagine my motherly fury that emerged.  I won't tell the rest of the story because I do want some to believe that we get along so swimmingly.

We did not go putt putt golfing again this summer.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: